7.19.2009

Is there a problem with Pet Airways?

The media has made a big deal about Pet Airways and other pet airliners lately. For people who travel with pets, the whole thing is a godsend, but what does an outsider think? I see this thing as problematic, and not now, maybe not for a long time. But what happens when one of these jets goes down? That's what I want to know...

Surely one of their planes has to crash some day, whether it be now or later is no concern, but when it does happen, how are we supposed to feel? Do we feel glad that, at least it was a jet filled with dogs and cats and not humans? Or do we feel worse because these are entirely innocent beings that really have no business in the air (unless there are some birds on board, which is even more tragic). Whatever, let's just hope we never have to deal with that, but what if we don't?!

What if these planes carrying pets never crash? Shouldn't that spark up some interest? Why would a plane full of pets be safer than a plane full of humans? So really, these pet planes had better crash more frequently than human aerial transports, just to give people like me peace of mind. Believe me, I don't want that to be the case, I'm just saying it's a very awkward situation you're putting me in and I hope you understand.

-Binkie McFartnuggets

No comments :

Post a Comment