12.29.2015

Ask McFartnuggets: “If You Ask the Doctor to Stop During a Colonoscopy and He Doesn’t is That Assault?”

Dear McFartnuggets: 
I was getting a routine colonoscopy done a couple days ago and while I was having the rod inserted up my ass I distinctly remember not feeling good about the whole procedure. I said “Stop… Stop….” I might have been mumbling a little since I was under anesthesia. I don’t fully remember what happened but I do remember saying “No!” and he just kept going. Afterwards I felt really sick about what happened. I know it’s a medical procedure and all but I felt used. I felt wronged. I did find out I had IBS, but I mean still. Do I have a potential lawsuit or can I bring legal action against my doctor? Was I assaulted? -- Glen from Oak Ridge, Indiana



Dear Glen:
Well, you’re right it was a medical procedure which may limit what recourse you have. Personally, I’m a firm believe in “No means no” regardless of what’s going in your ass, vagina, or mouth. That being said, not everyone feels the same way. You may have signed a waiver or some sort of contract beforehand stating in fine print that the doctor was to proceed as they felt necessary. In this situation a doctor might feel the need to get the job done. It’s not like you can say “Stop” during a surgery or something and they have to stitch you back up. Once you say yes right before the procedure and sign your name that’s basically like a contract that lets them do whatever they want. Sometimes a forced camera up the ass is worth finding out you have something wrong with you. My advice would be to seek legal counsel in case, but I have heard all too many stories like this and nothing ever gets done about it.

If your "doctor" is wearing these gloves then that's an immediate red flag.

Send your questions to PizzaTesticles@yahoo.com

No comments :

Post a Comment