9.04.2015

Ask McFartnuggets: “How Good is My Bank PIN Number?”

Dear McFartnuggets: 
Hey I just got a new bank account and I wanted to pick a good PIN number that no one would be able to hack. I didn’t want to pick something stupid like 1234 or 1111 or 6969 so I mixed it up a little. I chose to make it 1492, is that good? I know it’s like 1492 when Columbus sailed the ocean blue, but that makes it easier for me to remember. What do you think? -- Harvey from Valdosta, Georgia

Dear Harvey:
First off, you can just say PIN. PIN stands for Personal Identification Number. It’s not a Personal Identification Number number. And as far as if your PIN is good or not I’d say it would have been until you told me it. It’s not anymore… I would change it as soon as possible to something different. You’re on the right track with the number choice, though I would recommend not doing common number sequences like dates even if they are old ones like 1492. Don’t be a PINhead, pick a random number that no one could guess like 9459. It’s been working for me! Oh god damnit. Now I have to change mine!

Put your PIN number in at the ATM machine and worship at the altar of redundancy!
Write your questions to PizzaTesticles@yahoo.com

No comments :

Post a Comment