6.20.2015

Ask McFartnuggets: “What’s The Best First Impression to Do on a Job Interview?”

Dear McFartnuggets: 
I have a big job interview coming up and I want to make sure I nail it. I’ve been reading advice online and most of the advice highlights that first impressions are critical. Since first impressions are so lasting and important which impression do you think I should start off with? Jack Nicholson? Christopher Walken? Or maybe something a little more modern like Caitlyn Jenner? -- Randall from Long Island, New York

Dear Randall:
Okay first off, I don’t think you’re supposed to be doing actual impressions. Unless you’re going to an acting audition the term “impression” is just a figure of speech. I would particularly advise against a Caitlyn Jenner impression as that may possibly offend your interviewer. However, if you must do an impression at a normal job interview I would recommend doing an impression of successful business people or U.S. Presidents like Steve Jobs or Franklin Delano Roosevelt. That way it shouldn’t be obvious that you’re doing an impersonation, but the interviewer will get the sense that you’re very qualified and will likely do a good job. That’s the kind of impression that will leave a lasting impression. Thanks for the question and good luck!

Just make sure not to do your impression of the interviewer. They don't like that.

Electronically mail your questions to the address: PizzaTesticles@yahoo.com

No comments :

Post a Comment