10.29.2014

Ask McFartnuggets: “Does Time Go Forward or Back in Fall Daylight Savings?”

You heard em, get
your wife ready!
Dear McFartnuggets: 
I always forget which way daylight savings time is supposed to go. They say “Spring forward” and “fall backward” so does that mean you gain an hour in spring so you get an extra hour of sleep and you have more pep in your step causing you to spring forward? And when you lose an hour of sleep in the fall you’re so tired the next day that you just want to “fall backward” into your bed? Which way is time supposed to go for the fall daylight savings time? -- Boris from Nashville, Tennessee


Dear Boris:
No that’s wrong. It is fall back, spring forward, but that has to do with the actual clock, not the way you feel when it happens. I can see how that might be confusing. For fall daylight savings the HOUR falls back so we get an extra hour to enjoy. Just keep in mind that just because the hour disappears, it doesn’t mean you can commit crimes and they don’t count. I made that mistake once. I thought I found a loophole where I anything I did in the split second before the clock went back wouldn’t exist and so I couldn’t be charged. That’s not the case. In spring we “spring forward” well WE don’t spring forward, the clock does. It’s all about the clock. Remember that and you won’t end up an hour early to work waiting around like a dumbass.


Send your questions to PizzaTesticles@yahoo.com

No comments :

Post a Comment