10.20.2014

Ask McFartuggets: “Should I Get Insurance For My Phone In Case I Lose It?”

How can anyone lose a
phone these days?
Dear McFartnuggets: 
I’m getting a new phone today. I’m so excited! I don’t know if I should buy the insurance on it or not. I don’t want to pay the extra money, but I lost my last phone and I’m really worried it’ll happen again. Is this a fiscally sound financial investment for me? -- Kraynisha from Chicago, Illinois


Dear Kraynisha:
No because if you lose it you still have to pay a deductible to replace it. Most of the time the replacement will be a refurbished phone too which you could probably buy for less than the price of insurance. Why the hell would you pay upfront and beforehand every month just for the privilege to pay again if your phone gets lost? If they replaced the phone with a brand new one for free then I would say paying insurance is a good idea. That’s a fair thing because you’re paying the insurance to cover the cost of the lost phone. That’s how insurance should work. The reason they don’t do this is because people would just pretend to lose their phone, make an insurance claim to get a replacement phone and then sell their old one and get a newer phone for free. The thing is, even if people did do that they probably wouldn’t make that much off it because they’d be selling a used phone and possibly be replacing it with a refurbished piece of shit. Even if you’re scamming these phone companies they’re still getting the better end of the deal so imagine how bad they’re banging you in the ass when you play things straight!


Write your questions to PizzaTesticles@yahoo.com

No comments :

Post a Comment