4.07.2015

Ask McFartnuggets: “Why Do So Many People Hate Racist People?”

Dear McFartnuggets: 
I came out of the closet as a racist person a few months ago and ever since then my family has been very not accepting of it. Now I regret embracing who I really am and I try to keep my racism a secret with people again. I don’t know how to feel anymore. I just have these beliefs, I don’t choose to have them. Maybe my genetics and where I grew up, the way I was raised, different factors caused this and some people say I can try to not be racist and be cured, but why should I? Why should I have to change who I am for anyone? It’s not like I’m hurting people. I just have certain beliefs about Honduran, Amish, and Hawaiian people. Why are racist people not accepted by society? -- Reginald from Cincinnati

Dear Reginald:
I don’t think there’s anything wrong with being a racist as long as you don’t hurt anyone. The problem with racism is that it still hurts a lot of people even in today’s age. Even if you’re not physically hurting people, there are still words and phrases that offend people and are used to demean people. These are generally the thoughts and beliefs that a racist person has, however as long as you keep the thoughts away from the public as much as possible, kind of like smoking, then you should be fine. Some people say condemning racism or “racistphobia” is attacking free speech and some people say you should be able to smoke in restaurants, but there are certain concessions we have to make for the public good. You may still offend a few people with your “smoke” from time to time, but as long as you’re not putting the cigarette out on an Amish person’s forehead you’ll be okay.

Racism is the new smoking. It's crazy to think people actually thought it was good for you.

Send your questions to PizzaTesticles@yahoo.com

No comments :

Post a Comment