4.22.2015

Dumbass Sayings: “I Was Like…”

Whenever people are telling you a story they always say “I was like ‘Get this baby off me before I throw it off!” Oh really? Is that what you were like? Or is that what exactly happened? The problem I have with this phrase is it should only be used when you’re paraphrasing. If you don’t remember exactly what was said then you can say “She was like ‘Step back or I’ll pepper spray you and call the cops!” But if that’s what your ex-wife said verbatim then you say “She said ‘Step back or I’ll pepper spray you and call the cops!” She wasn’t LIKE that she WAS that. People say the word “like” entirely too much in sentences there’s really no reason to add it into language even more. We’re becoming too loose with our language and language is a reflection of discipline. If we want to continue the human race we’re going to have to start being a little more disciplined and that begins with how we talk.

"I was like 'Are you sure no one will know I had work done?"

No comments :

Post a Comment