11.14.2012

Peanut the Orangutan Gets Chemotherapy

An orangutan from Miami named Peanut has concluded chemotherapy treatment for her Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma. Many people react to this news by saying Obamacare is getting out of control, but all of Peanut's treatments were paid for by personal donations so that's not an issue. The real issue is the health and recovery of Peanut and our prayers are with her. Yes, I am praying that an orangutan I've never met recovers from Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma. It's not a big deal, I just did it again really quick. I doubt how much it's going to work because it wasn't a SUPER PRAYER, I save those for special things.

I heard the Jungle Island zoo in Miami is holding a Cancer Tree Limb Swing/Walk for the other orangutans to participate in to raise money for cancer research and they are shaving the heads of the other animals to show solidarity. That seems like a bit much, still, I hope for Peanut's success and I wish I had something Lime Green to wear to raise awareness for Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma, but I only have Violet stuff for Regular Ol' Hodgkin's Lymphoma. Isn't that some bullshit? Why can't the Hodgkin's and Non-Hodgkin's people get together and unite based on their Lymphomyness. Both Lymphomas suck, can we agree on that? I mean I get that one group has the Hodgkins and the other makes it a point to disassociate themselves from the Hodgkins by putting a NON in there, but let's face it, if you really hate someone you're not going to put their name in your name. It's the KKK not the Non-Minorities Klan. I want to wear my violet pants in support of all Lymphoma sufferers, don't make me keep buying weird clothes! I'm not asking for a giant rainbow colored ribbon for all cancers, the gays have made that impractical, but let's try to consolidate here and help more people because recovery is all about uniting together to triumph through tragedy.

No comments :

Post a Comment