11.26.2012

Why Can't You Pet Bomb Sniffing Dogs?

Most of the time when you see a sniffer dog in the airport it's got a collar or neckerchief that says "DO NOT PET". When I go up and I try to pet the dog anyway, the security dude tells me I'm "threatening national security". Really? Threatening national security? Look, if this dog is distracted by petting enough that it can't do it's job then fire it and get one that can focus. That should be a test. If petting the dog breaks the system down then terrorists will just pet the dogs, it doesn't take a genius to figure that out. But I found a loophole around that because while it may say "Do not pet" it says nothing about flipping the dog over and rubbing its fluffy belly. So that's what I do. Usually I'm tasered shortly thereafter, but I can't help it. I see a doggie and I want to rub it with my hands, that's human instinct. And if we're going to be fucking with human instinct and stopping people from living their lives the way they want and intruding on freedoms then haven't the terrorists already won? What's the point?

1 comment :

  1. its because these dogs are dangerous, not because they're "problem dogs", but because they're trained to be dangerous to some extent.

    ReplyDelete