1.04.2013

Asking the Doctor if Your Heart is Healthy Enough For Sexual Activity

It seems like every other commercial on TV ends with telling you to ask your doctor if your heart is healthy enough for sexual activity. The problem is you can't just ask once and have that answer be the final authority on the matter. It's in your best interest to ask your doctor if your heart is healthy enough for sex every single time you have an appointment. This can raise some awkward situations. What is the best way to phrase this question to limit embarrassment or awkwardness? I'm not sure if there is a way to totally eliminate the weirdness, but I like to just say "Do you think my heart would be healthy enough for three minutes of viciously intense dancing followed by an immediate stop to the dancing and then maybe a shower and a solid hour and a half of crying?" And if the doc says yes then I know I'm good to go and no one has to even know I was talking about sex.

No comments :

Post a Comment