7.24.2014

Ask McFartnuggets: “My Son Wants to Be Batman, Should I Be Worried?”

If your son looks like this,
yes you should be worried.
Dear McFartnuggets: 
My 5-year-old son told me he wants to be Batman when he grows up. I didn’t think anything of it at first, I thought it was actually kinda funny. Then I remembered that Batman became Batman because his parents were brutally murdered in front of his eyes. Now I’m a little worried. Is this just my son’s way of saying he wants me and my husband dead? Should we take him to therapy? -- Brianna from Green Bay, Wisconsin


Dear Brianna:
If your son is fully aware of the Batman origin story then I might be concerned. However since he’s only five there’s a decent chance he’s not fully capable of understanding the concept of murder. Bruce Wayne was around 8 years old when he saw his parents get killed so that’s still a good three years difference. Unless he becomes really obsessed with the idea of walking down dark alleyways with you or living in a cave full of bats then I think it’ll be okay. Most kids unknowingly say they want to be Batman without realizing Batman is who he is because his parents were murdered. You can’t fault the kid for that. He’ll figure it out eventually unless you want to take a chance and explain that to him at a really young age. It’s your kid I can’t tell you how to raise the thing.


Ask your questions to PizzaTesticles@yahoo.com

No comments :

Post a Comment