7.20.2014

Dumbass Sayings: "I've Got a Bone to Pick with You"

When someone at work is upset because you ate their lunch and got diarrhea all over the toilet seat they’ll usually say “I’ve got a bone to pick with you.” What bone would that be? A femur? A lumbar vertebrae? A zygomatic bone in the cheek? A pelvis? A phalanges? What bone are you talking about? And how do you even pick a bone? Do people say this when they want to stick an ice pick into your bones and jab into the marrow? Because if that’s what you’re trying to say, forget that! Now if you’re talking about going to a souvenir shop in the desert that sells bleached animal bones and you want to pick one out as a gift then, still no thanks. That sounds stupid and boring. There is no scenario I can envision where I would be complicit in picking bones. Pick your bones by yourself and leave me out of it.


I've got a bone for you to pick and it ain't a femur!

No comments :

Post a Comment