2.04.2015

Ask McFartnuggets: “How Do I Get People to Stop Being Clothesminded?”

Dear McFartnuggets: 
If there’s one thing I’ve learned from my 19 years alive is that there’s nothing worse than a clothesminded individual. Of course my greatest fear has been realized as my 5-year-old daughter is now completely obsessed with dresses and fashion. What are some things I can do to keep from raising her to be so clothesminded? I don’t want her to grow up being some ignorant loon who judges people through stereotypes and the type of music they like, you know? -- Caitee from Auburn, Alabama

Dear Caitee:
Alright, I think maybe you’re a little confused here. I’ve never heard the term “clothesminded” to describe someone who is interested in clothes. I have however heard the term “close minded” which seems to fit the definition what you fear of what your daughter will become. The major thing that will prevent someone from being close minded is education. I think the first step to educating a child is to be educated yourself. That means figuring out that there’s no such term as “clothesminded” and that judging people based on their taste in music isn’t considered “stereotyping.” Once you get started on that the rest should fall into place nicely. And while there are rarely any scientists and scholars interested in fashion shows, being interested in clothing isn’t necessarily a sign your child will grow up to be an ignoramus. Thanks for your question.

Even when they leave the closet some people still can't stop being clothesminded.

Direct your questions and inquiries to my business e-mail: PizzaTesticles@yahoo.com

No comments :

Post a Comment