2.20.2015

Ask McFartnuggets: “Why Did My Fingernail Turn Black and Fall Off?”

Dear McFartnuggets: 
I was building a birdhouse and I accidentally hit my thumb with a hammer. It hurt a lot and then the whole fingernail started turning black. After a few days the whole thing fell off! Why did this happen? I don’t get why this would happen. -- Charles from Newark, New Jersey


Dear Charles:
Have you ever heard the saying “Once you go black, you never go back?” Well the same thing goes for fingernails too. When there is severe trauma to the flesh under a finger or toenail it will often turn black because of a buildup of blood. In your case there was damage done to the nail so the nail died and fell off so that the wound could heal properly and a new nail will regenerate in its place. This is perfectly normal, just try to keep better care of your fingernails from now on.

Much like Kim Kardashian, fingernails subjected to trauma will go black and then fall off.
Send your questions to my business email: PizzaTesticles@yahoo.com

No comments :

Post a Comment