8.31.2014

Ask McFartnuggets: “Should I Let a Homeless Person Housesit For Me?”

Letting a hobo house sit is
a temporary solution to a
permanent problem.
Dear McFartnuggets: 
I’m leaving on business for two months and I’ve been looking for a house sitter, someone to watch the house while I’m gone. Then it hit me. Why not just have a homeless person be my housesitter? I mean isn’t that perfect? They get a place to stay and enjoy feeling like they have a home and I get a free house sitter. Everyone wins! I wish more things in life could work out this perfectly. It’s one of those rare instances where you can do a charitable act and actually get something in return besides feeling good about yourself. -- Sally from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania


Dear Sally:
Yeeeeeeeeeeaeaaaaaahhhhhhhh… I don’t think that’s a good idea. Unless you really know the hobo well like he’s your cousin or father I wouldn’t really let them housesit. Even if you know them well there’s always the chance they can be followed by rogue rival hobos and they’ll manipulate or hurt your house sitting hobo to gain access to your home. You have to really trust this person. It’s best to choose someone you’ve known for a long time. Unless this homeless person has outstanding, credible references, I would avoid letting them watch your home. If you still really want to then I respect your commitment to charity and wish you and the homeless individual you've chosen all the best.


Write your questions to PizzaTesticles@yahoo.com

No comments :

Post a Comment