11.02.2014

Ask McFartnuggets: “Is it Inappropriate to Take a Selfie at a Funeral?”

Ghosts rarely take selfies so
Instagram must not be
a crucial part of the afterlife.
Dear McFartnuggets: 
I took a selfie with my uncle at his funeral last week and everyone got mad at me. I don’t get it. What’s the big deal? I wanted one last memory with him. Plus it got tons of likes on Instagram. It’s not like it’s hurting anyone he’s already dead, right? Why don’t people mind their own business and just let me deal with losing him in my own way? -- Louise from Miami, Florida


Dear Louise:
Taking photographs of corpses is generally frowned upon. There’s a reason why they don’t have big group photos at funerals where everyone gathers around the dead body and smiles. Usually people take photos to remember the good times, not the somber times when they’re dealing with loss. That’s what a funeral is supposed to be. If there’s anything positive about a funeral it’s the celebration of the person’s life. You can’t really celebrate their life by capturing an image of their lifeless meatsack after it’s been drained of all its natural fluids. We should remember them as living people, not immortalizing them as dead bodies.


Submit your questions to win a chance at me answering it here on this site! In the subject heading write “Dear McFartnuggets” and send it to PizzaTesticles@yahoo.com

No comments :

Post a Comment