11.15.2014

Dumbass Sayings: “I’m a Little Teapot”

The famous hit song “I’m A Little Teapot” has lyrics that go “I’m a little teapot, short and stout. Here is my handle, here is my spout. When I get all steamed up, hear me shout. Tip me over and pour me out.” Pour ME out? Hold on a second here. Are you the teapot or the liquid inside? I never understood this. If you’re the teapot as the title and opening line of the song would suggest, then you can’t say “Pour me out.” You have to say “tilt me” or “empty me out” or something of that nature. Saying “pour me out” implies you’re the tea. That’s the tea’s line. Unfortunately the “I’m Tea” song is much less suitable for children considering it’s mostly about being boiled alive. It’s not that big of a deal, but we need to teach children proper identifying language so they can avoid confusion later on in life. It all starts with a kid claiming to be a teapot while simultaneously expressing the perspective of the tea inside as well and before you know it your son is talking about how he feels like he was born a woman.

This record had people rocking back in the day.

No comments :

Post a Comment