1.25.2015

Ask McFartnuggets: "My Spanish Coworker Keeps Calling Me By The Wrong Name!"

Dear McFartnuggets: 
We just got a new employee at my job and he’s from Guatemala or some shit. Anywho, I introduced myself to him pretty early on and said “Hola, my name is Glen” and despite that he’s been calling me by the wrong name constantly. I tried to correct him once and he still keeps getting my name wrong. It’s getting a little awkward now I don’t know what the best way to deal with this is. I really don’t get it because it’s not like he’s off by a little, he’s calling me a woman’s name. He keeps calling me Mary Cone. -- Glen from Houston, Texas

Dear Glen:
Okay… I may be wrong here, but I think he’s calling you “maricón.” This is a Spanish word that means “coward” or more specifically “homosexual man.” I really could be wrong here, but that just sounds to me like what’s happening. To be honest, I’m not sure what you can do about that other than try to avoid this guy. I’m not sure what happened between you two, maybe he just doesn’t like you. Try to give him his space and if he continues then at least you used to not know what it means so you can’t be 100% offended. If it becomes a problem I would contact a supervisor or human resources.

A lot of people mistake the word "maricon" for "macaroon" or even "marcaron."

Submit your questions to PizzaTesticles@yahoo.com

No comments :

Post a Comment