1.24.2015

Dumbass Sayings: “You Wouldn’t Like Me When I’m Angry”

The TV/comic book character David/Bruce Banner who turns into The Incredible Hulk has the famous catchphrase “Don’t make me angry, you wouldn’t like me when I’m angry.” This saying became popular based mostly on what happens after he says it because then he turns into a giant green monster and smashes things. If that part didn’t happen then this sentence would be seen for what it is really is: a painfully stupid thing to say. Of course no one likes you when you’re angry, no one likes ANYONE when they’re angry. Name me one person who becomes more appealing when they’re filled with rage. Saying “Don’t make me angry, you wouldn’t like me when I’m angry” is like saying “Don’t make me stab you in the chest, you wouldn’t like me when I’m stabbing you in the chest.” I’ve said that to someone before and you know what? They laughed right in my face because it sounded stupid. Of course it sounds less stupid the second you take a knife out, but that’s exactly how the Hulk got away with this silly catchphrase to begin with. Any catchphrase no matter how dumb instantly becomes less dumb when followed with extreme violence. He could have been saying “Don’t make me angry, it makes my tummy feel silly!” and that probably would have caught on too.


You wouldn't like me when I'm angry because I'm clawing your face open with my hands.

No comments :

Post a Comment