1.10.2015

Dumbass Sayings: "Fist Fight"

Sometimes when you accidentally step on the back of an old man’s shoe while he’s walking ahead of you he’ll get mad and say "You wanna go, sonny? Ehh, never mind I don't wish to engage in a fist fight with a scruffy rapscallion ragamuffin." Well, I don’t blame you, because people rarely get into literal “fist fights.” Generally speaking if there's a fight going down in the streets then I know I can use my knees, feet, elbows, and teeth in addition to fists. "Fist fight" is a misnomer that leads some people to believe the striking is limited to punching. That would be called “boxing” and that entails rules which are often all thrown out the window in a street fight. “Fist fight” could also be misinterpreted as people just smashing their fists together seeing who will quit first kind of like a thumb war is a battle of thumbs. Obviously that never happens. True “fist fighting” is a myth. I don’t know why we have to throw the word “fist” in there. It’s completely unnecessary. It’s a given that you use your fists. Just call it a “fight.” Isn’t that easier?

Literally fist fighting just makes you look like an idiot.

No comments :

Post a Comment