2.11.2014

Dumbass Sayings: “Do Unto Others As You Would Have Them Do Unto You”

Do unto others as you would have them
do unto you... As long as you have
PERMISSION.
This is possibly the most famous saying of all time and it seems like a good way to live your life, but as I’ve found out, it’s not. Now see I, and I’m sure many other individuals would like people to force oral sex on me, but as I have been told by the police and justice system countless times, this is NOT acceptable behavior.

If for example you’re a sadomasochist and pain is intensely pleasurable to you, that doesn’t mean you should go around smacking people with a cat o’ nine tails. Apparently this saying really only applies to “normal” people. God forbid you’re suicidal because then you really need to ignore this saying.

I’ve also found that just simply hugging people can also be met with severe hostility. If you want hugs that doesn’t mean you should just go around hugging people. You need to wear a shirt that says “Free hugs” and wait for someone to hug you first.

Basically what this proverb means to say is “Don’t do bad things to people because you wouldn’t like that done to you”. I don’t know why it beats around the bush with that and opens it up to such wider interpretation. To me, that seems like a poorly thought out decision. Even the alternate version suffers the same flaw by saying “Treat others how you would like to be treated”. Just be specific and say “Don’t do bad things to people”! Cut the crap! But only if you would have the crap cut you.

No comments :

Post a Comment