2.28.2014

Is Sugar Really Eight Times More Addictive Than Cocaine?

This is the good shit right here!
A recent scientific study has said that sugar is eight times more addictive than Cocaine. I’m not sure what this is supposed to prove. Are they saying sugar is more dangerous than Cocaine? If I read this study and I’m not addicted to sugar I might think “Wow, if I can’t get addicted to sugar then Cocaine would be a breeze!” Then I’d start taking loads of Cocaine and ruin my life. Cocaine is still worse than sugar. Sugar is only seen as more addictive because it’s everywhere. Everything you eat has sugar in it so of course you’re seen as “Addicted” to it. If Cocaine was as ubiquitous as sugar the world would be on fire right now and we would all kill each other in a collective crazed madness.

Saying sugar is eight times more addictive than Cocaine means nothing. You could tell me that cheese is 785,000 times more addictive than wool. That doesn’t mean I’m going to stop eating cheese. The only thing we learn from this study is that the original Coca-Cola that had real cocaine in it must have been the most addictive substance known to man since it had sugar, caffeine, AND cocaine in it.

No comments :

Post a Comment