5.29.2015

Ask McFartnuggets: “Is it Wrong to Taxidermy Humans?”

Dear McFartnuggets: 
My grandmother has told us that she wants the family to have her taxidermied so she can be with us all the time. Some people in town who have heard about this say it’s wrong and they’re trying to keep it from happening. They say it’s illegal but I don’t understand what’s so bad about it. I mean people get embalmed anyways, this is just embalming with stuffing. I love my granny and I do want her around. I don’t want to put her in the dirt, that’s gross. What’s your advice? -- Belinda from Ozark County, Missouri

Dear Belinda:
Normally no one should ever have their grandmother stuffed and mounted in any fashion. Yes people do get embalmed, but that’s a pretty common thing. Turning your grandmother into a Build-a-Bear is a little different. You may want to check with your local sheriff’s office just to be sure of the local legal restrictions on this. Obviously you want to respect your grandmother’s wishes about what should be done with her own body when she’s dead. There are restrictions to this of course. You can’t just do anything someone writes in their will. They could demand to be filled with fireworks and exploded in the local town square, that doesn’t mean you have to do that. Sometimes people don’t always get their wishes even in death. I personally don’t see a problem with it as long as it’s done properly so that there’s no risk of disease or decomposition related illnesses.

Grandmothers are just as majestic as giraffes so I don't see the problem.

Send your questions to PizzaTesticles@yahoo.com

No comments :

Post a Comment