5.12.2015

Dumbass Sayings: “You’re Never Fully Dressed Without a Smile”

There’s a song from the musical “Annie” that goes “You’re never fully dressed without a smile.” What is this trying to say exactly? So if you’re not smiling then there’s a part of you that’s undressed? Does this mean to imply there should be a level of shame associated with not smiling? I have to disagree strongly with that. According to this saying, anytime you stop smiling and transition to have a blank expression on your face that could be considered stripping. Call me crazy, but I don’t buy into that idea. While it is true that sometimes people use a smile to mask their deeper emotions of suffering and mental anguish and that could be seen as metaphorical clothing, I refuse to believe that the naked hobo smiling at me a the bus terminal was technically wearing a form of clothes. He wasn’t fully dressed, he wasn’t even minimally dressed despite the large smile. If you believe this saying then you might see this naked freak smiling at me then see me not smiling back and perceive him to be the one wearing more clothes. There’s obviously a logical disconnect here.

A woman isn't truly nude until she's not smiling.

No comments :

Post a Comment