5.20.2015

Dumbass Sayings: “You’re An Inspiration!”

Sometimes people will come up to me on the street and say “You are an amazing inspiration. The fact that you wake up every morning and find the courage to come outside is truly inspiring! Thank you for being so inspirational!” Apparently I’m achieving an incredibly feat by attempting to live a normal life despite the problems I have. Okay well, I’m glad my pain makes you feel stronger. That’s great. That’s exactly what I was intending to do. I’m glad I can make your life more enjoyable at the cost of my own comfort. Basically when people say “You’re such an inspiration!” they’re really saying “Oh my God, if I was you I’d probably just kill myself so the fact that you don’t is very impressive. I mean if you can try to live a normal life looking the way you do then there’s really nothing I CAN’T achieve in my own life. If YOU of all people can do something so challenging then challenges in my own life should be NOTHING because I’m clearly so much better and more gifted than you.” That’s what these people are saying anytime they see someone with a severe birth defect riding a tricycle or someone who survived cancer. How about just say “Wow you’re amazing” and leave it at that? We don’t need to know how our misfortunes are benefiting your life. Believe it or not, the list of people who care is pretty short and the “inspirational” person who’s clearly battling so many problems is not on that list.

Hey guys, congratulations on being such great inspirations!

No comments :

Post a Comment