5.07.2015

Ask McFartnuggets: “Why Are So Many People Visionist?”

Dear McFartnuggets:
When I wear my glasses people and can see I’m visually impaired and they treat me differently than I do when I’m wearing my contacts. It makes me want to wear my contacts all the time, but it feels wrong to hide who I am. I feel like I’m in the closet every time I wear my contacts around people. Strangely when I take the contacts out it’s harder to see outside of the closet, but I do feel free. I am a visually impaired individual and I refuse to get special surgery to change myself. I want to be respected for the way I was born! Why are so many people still visionist in the 21st century and what can we do to stop this from continuing in generations henceforth? -- Mario from Lakewood, Ohio

Dear Mario:
Vision discrimination isn’t something people like to talk about. Ironically you need a bit of a keen eye to notice it when it happens. Now I don’t mean to offend anyone here, but I believe that the root of it comes from women who don’t want to mate with a guy who has poor vision because it might pass on the bad eyesight gene. Men on the other hand don’t give a crap when it comes to women with glasses. It’s just another one of those double standards. The important thing is that people who suffer from visionism still manage to live somewhat normal lives and many have kids. You’d think by now humans would have evolved to have perfect hawk vision, but alas, the VI are finding ways to spread their seed. Now that may be due to people hiding their blindness and not coming to terms with who they really are. I can see how that might be an issue and a little sad, but when you put it in perspective, visually Impaired people don’t have nearly as many obstacles as other special groups. This may sadly be a problem that goes ignored until laser eye surgery is perfected and all VI people get it. It sounds messed up, but I guess that is a solution to the problem. If it’s a mandatory surgery then I think I’ll have an issue with it, but as long as people believe they were born with the wrong eyes and should be able to see with 20/20 vision then that’s their decision and they should be free to pursue that lifestyle.

People can even be visionist against animals, but guess what! Beauty is in the ey-- sensory perception of the beholder.

Write in your questions to PizzaTesticles@yahoo.com

No comments :

Post a Comment