5.29.2015

Dumbass Sayings: “Blowing Smoke Up Your Ass”

Sometimes a person will give you a compliment and then follow that with “I mean it. I’m not just blowing smoke up your ass!” What they probably don’t know is that people used to really blow smoke up people’s asses. Tobacco enemas used to be a way to test to see if someone was actually dead in the late 18th century. If someone was merely unconscious, having smoke blown into their asshole would usually wake them up. If you have a loved one in a coma you might want to give that a shot. So yeah I get that people blow smoke into rectums, but what I don’t understand is how that links to this figure of speech. Now surely you’d never want someone blowing crack smoke into your actual crack, but I fail to see how that communicates the dishonest, manipulative purpose of a false compliment. If smoke up the ass is a false compliment then what’s a real compliment? A dildo up the ass? If that’s the case then that explains why I don’t take compliments very well.

Now just position yourself in front of the tailpipe.

No comments :

Post a Comment