4.24.2014

Dumbass Sayings: “The Definition of Insanity is Doing The Same Thing Expecting Different Results”

True insanity is a little more
complicated than that.
Albert Einstein was quoted as saying “Insanity is doing the same thing over and over expecting different results.” Einstein was a smart man, but this was definitely not his smartest quote. That is NOT the definition of insanity. You know how I know? Because if I go to the local park or town square and start making giant mural paintings with my feces over and over again, it doesn’t matter if I’m expecting the same or different results, most people would probably consider me insane. If I run around town throwing jugs of my own urine into people’s faces while laughing maniacally I can expect the same result every time and that doesn’t make my actions in any way sane. Furthermore, if the definition of insanity really is doing the same thing over and over expecting different results then that means we’re all crazy. We all wake up in the morning, get out of bed and expect different things to happen. I guess that means everyone who isn’t expecting the same boring shit to happen day in and day out is a complete nutbag.

No comments :

Post a Comment