4.15.2014

Dumbass Sayings: “Like The Back of My Hand”

How well do we really know our hand?
What the hell are Distal Phalanges?
When you have expert knowledge of a subject you can say you “know it like the back of your hand.” For example: “I know this Physics lesson like the back of my hand!” Usually this saying is meant to instill confidence in others of your knowledge and expertise, but how smart is someone who stares at the back of their hand all the time? How well should anyone know the back of their hand? If anything, we probably look at the palms of our hands more than the backs. What’s going on with the back of the hand on a day-to-day basis? Nothing. The front of the hand is getting all the action! When I tell someone I know something like the front of my hand they know I’m serious. I don’t want to get into any graphic detail so let’s just say our relationship is very healthy. Sometimes I feel bad for the back of my hand. It probably feels very jealous and left out. I should stare at it more and spend more time with it, but that would be boring considering I know it like the back of my hand.

No comments :

Post a Comment