9.26.2014

Ask McFartnuggets: “Am I Allowed To Run a Red Light if an Ambulance is Stuck Behind Me?”

And if you're not at the front
of the line, don't be a hero and
ram cars out of the way.
Dear McFartnuggets: 
Hey Binkie, I’m at a red light right now and there’s an ambulance with the siren on behind me. I’m at the front of the line here and there’s only one lane, there are parked cars to either side here. Am I allowed to run this red light to help the ambulance get through? HELP! -- Melanie from Philadelphia


Dear Melanie:
I think I might be a little late with this response and I’m sorry for that. It really all depends on the situation. If you’re the only one blocking an ambulance and can safely move out of the way then you should because there’s a life or death situation going on. What I like to do is roll down my window and scream “THERE’S AN AMBULANCE BEHIND MEEEEE!!!” That way the oncoming cars know I’m not just plowing through a red light. There’s just no reason to sit there while someone’s bleeding to death in the back of an ambulance. The only time you shouldn’t try to move out of the way is if there are other cars between you and the ambulance. If that’s the case then it’s just a traffic jam and the person in the ambulance is screwed. There’s nothing anyone can do about that. I don’t know why they don’t give ambulances Inspector Gadget wheels so they can drive over other cars. I guess not enough people are dying during red lights.


Write your questions to PizzaTesticles@yahoo.com but keep in mind if they’re time sensitive I can’t answer them instantly.

No comments :

Post a Comment