9.24.2014

Dumbass Sayings: “Numb Nuts”

Sometimes when people want to call you stupid they refer to you as “Numb nuts.” I never understood this. What is the link between intelligence and nerve sensors in the testicles? Is the idea that someone can be so stupid that their nervous system doesn’t function properly? I’m not sure that has any basis in fact. Now I’ve never kicked a mentally handicapped person in the testicles, but I would assume that if I did they would feel it just as much as anyone else. I don’t like this saying because it basically implies that paraplegics and people who are paralyzed from the waist down are idiots. I don’t believe that’s true. Anyone who has tender very delicate nuts would know that there’s no link between paralysis and intelligence. So make sure the next time you call someone “Numb nuts” there’s no one in a wheelchair nearby because that’s incredibly insulting and ignorant.


Inuit people and others who live in cold climates may have numb nuts, it doesn't mean they're morons. Sure maybe their educational system isn't what it is in larger metropolitan areas, but still...

No comments :

Post a Comment