9.26.2014

Ask McFartnuggets: “How Did I Get Arrested For The Same Crime Twice?”

Ashley Judd movies are
typically not good sources
of legal advice.
Dear McFartnuggets: 
So I went to jail for public lewdness around Christmastime two years ago. I served my time and when I did it again last night I GOT ARRESTED AGAIN! How can this happen?! I kept telling the cops about Double Jeopardy. You can’t be tried for the same crime TWICE. They kept telling me to shut up and now I’m waiting to speak to a lawyer. This doesn’t make any sense. I saw the movie with Ashley Judd. She was accused of killing her husband and convicted for it then she could kill him after that because it was the same crime. That’s Double Jeopardy damnit! I shouldn’t be in jail! -- Nelson from Albuquerque, New Mexico


Dear Nelson:
Yeah… That’s not double jeopardy. You can still be arrested and tried for the same crime as many times as you commit them. “Double Jeopardy” would have been if you were tried again for the public lewdness charge from two years ago that you already served time for. If you do it all over again then you’re fair game again, it doesn’t matter if you did something before and already went to jail for it. Your lawyer will probably tell you the same thing. Thanks for the question!


Send your questions to PizzaTesticles@yahoo.com and try not to do weird illegal things in public.

No comments :

Post a Comment