9.19.2014

Dumbass Sayings: “My Pleasure”

When you say “Thank you” to someone you expect them to say “You’re welcome,” but occasionally they throw a curveball at you and hit you with a “My pleasure!” The problem with this is either it’s a lie or it’s one of the creepiest things you can say to another person. If you’re telling the truth and it really is your pleasure that means you’re deriving gratification from helping someone out. When most people hear the word “pleasure” they think of physical gratification, as in arousal. Now I’ve heard of people deriving pleasure from hurting other people or even being hurt, but deriving pleasure from helping people? That’s unheard of! I suppose the world would be a better place if people actually had this condition where giving to charity and helping fellow human beings was linked to a sexual satisfaction. You’d have helpful perverts running around volunteering at as many soup kitchens as they could and abandoning their families to work for the Salvation Army. Unfortunately, that condition doesn’t actually exist. No one really gets true pleasure from helping other people so when you say “My pleasure” it’s pretty damn obvious you’re full of shit and I don’t appreciate the false sentiment.


If you're saying "My pleasure" there had better be a good reason for it.

No comments :

Post a Comment