9.30.2014

Ask McFartnuggets: “Can I Get HIV From Kissing a Baby with HIV?”

Yeah, go ahead and
lick that.
Dear McFartnuggets: 
One of my friends invited me over to meet their new baby and I kissed it on the head and its head was all sweaty. Later on I found out the baby was adopted and had HIV. They rescued it from an orphanage and even though the baby only has a few months to live my friend and her husband wanted to try and give it the best life it could have. They’re incredible people. The problem is now I have a cough and a tickle in my throat and I’m worried maybe I contracted HIV from the baby. Is that even possible? -- Clarice from Baltimore, Maryland


Dear Clarice:
Wow your friends really are amazing people for doing that. Of course you can’t get HIV from kissing a baby with HIV. HIV isn’t passed through sweat. Even if the baby vomited right in your face and it got all in your eyes and up your nose you would probably not get HIV. The only way HIV can be spread are through blood, semen, rectal fluids, vaginal fluids, and breast milk. There’s really no good reason to be in contact with baby versions of any of those things. So long as you’re not running around kissing bloody babies you should be fine.


Write your questions to PizzaTesticles@yahoo.com

No comments :

Post a Comment