6.16.2014

Dumbass Sayings: “Clap Along If You Feel Like A Room Without A Roof”

Not exactly a time to
be clapping.
In the famous Pharrell Williams song “Happy”, there’s a line that goes “Clap along if you feel like a room without a roof.” Apparently this is another way to describe the emotion of hapiness, but I don’t see how that makes any sense. Having a roof is good. That’s why homeless people aren’t clapping along. Also, how does one feel like a room to begin with? I’m a pretty empathetic person, but I can’t really put myself in the mind of four walls in the shape of a box. And if I was four walls in the shape of a box I wouldn’t be ablet o clap because I would have no hands, also I’d want a roof. If you’re in a place where it rains a lot you’re definitely going to want a covering of some sort. Even if you’re in a place like Iran where it doesn’t rain as much, you still need a roof because the sun can be very overbearing. If you’re a room without a roof in an are of the world that frequently experiences drought you’re basically asking for skin cancer. It’s pretty clear that Pharrell didn’t give much thought to this lyric, he was just looking for something to fit into his song.

No comments :

Post a Comment