6.13.2014

Ask McFartnuggets: “What Does ‘Ratchet’ Mean?”

Dear McFartnuggets: 
This young woman who is friends with my daughter called me “Ratchet” the other day. I went to Urban Dictionary, but I couldn’t understand a damn word of the definitions. Can you please explain to me what this word “Ratchet” means to kids these days? I can’t make heads nor tails of it! -- Yolanda from Chicago


Dear Yolanda:
“Ratchet” is defined as “A toothed bar with which a pawl engages.” and a “Pawl” is “A pivoted bar adapted to engage with the teeth of a ratchet wheel or the like so as to prevent movement or to impart motion.” So clearly when that person called you “Ratchet” they meant you were a toothed ho that a “Pawl” (aka: playa) was trying to hit on so he could get you in a situation you couldn’t escape (aka: a one night stand). It’s all very technical, but how can you even be offended when someone’s involving such clever mechanical metaphors in their insults?

Some people refer to socket wrenches as ratchets as well.


Thanks for the questions and keep em coming to PizzaTesticles@yahoo.com! I’m here to help!

No comments :

Post a Comment