3.13.2015

Ask McFartnuggets: “I Gave a Homeless Guy a Pizza and He Didn’t Eat The Crust! Should I Be Mad?”

Dear McFartnuggets: 
So I thought I would do a random act of niceness the other day and I bought a homeless man a pizza on my way to work. When I was walking home I went to ask him how he liked it and I saw the pizza box in the garbage with the crusts leftover. And yes I was sure it was the same exact pizza box because it was from the same pizzeria. I felt a little angry about what he did, but I chose not to confront him about it. Should I have the right to be mad? -- Donna from Chicago, Illinois

Dear Donna:
I think you have the right to be a little upset about that considering you already did a nice thing. No one can be mad at you for feeling a little bothered by this homeless guy for not eating all the food you bought for him. However, you shouldn’t be angry because even though the crust is arguably the most hearty part of a pizza, many people have a strong aversion to it. The homeless guy is still a person and this shows it. If he were a stray dog then yes you would expect him to eat every scrap of food given to him, but I believe this is an important lesson. The fact he wasted the crust illustrates that he’s still a human being with quirks and idiosyncrasies. As long as that’s true then you should feel even gladder that you helped him to a meal.

Contrary to popular belief, pizza bones are edible.

Send your questions and pizzas to PizzaTesticles@yahoo.com

No comments :

Post a Comment