3.18.2015

Ask McFartnuggets: “What Kind of Name is Declan?”

Dear McFartnuggets: 
I met a kid named Declan today. Declan. His name was Declan. I thought it was a joke at first. I have never heard this name before. Declan sounds like some obscure metric measurement. I could imagine hearing “Yeah add some more gas to the tank, we need 5 Declans” but I can’t imagine wanting to call your baby Declan. When there are ten clans is that called a Declan? Seriously though, who would name their kid Declan, are they even thinking about this boy’s future? I’ve never seen an elderly man named Declan! Have you?! -- Mona from Phoenix, Arizona

Dear Mona:
I have never seen an elderly man named Declan, but I try to stay away from elderly people. Also, I’m not really in a position to be making fun of people’s names. A lot of people say Binkford is a strange name. Believe it or not, Declan is a popular Irish name and was ranked 80th most popular male baby name in 2014. Declan was the name of a saint and the name basically means “Man of prayer.” The one positive to this name is that it’s pretty masculine. You would never name a girl Declan, though I’m sure plenty of weirdos already have. I hope that explains Declan and I would advise you to get used to it because you’re gonna be seeing all kinds of Declans, Callums, Carmacs, and Dashiells  in the next few decades. Hard to believe there was a time when Kyle, Dillon, and Cameron were the names that sounded ridiculous. It’s fitting to get even more bizarre in the near future.

No, not THAT clan.

Write your questions to PizzaTesticles@yahoo.com

No comments :

Post a Comment