5.22.2014

Ask McFartnuggets: “Why Do People Squint When They Can’t Hear What I’m Saying”

"Squint at me again, bitch!"
Dear McFartnuggets: 
How come when people can’t hear what I’m saying to them they squint? Are these morons really trying to hear with their eyeballs? When they can’t see something do they put their hand around their ear and lean in? What is wrong with these people are they stupid or something? You can’t see words! -- Dina from St. Louis


Dear Dina:
You’ve noticed a very strange phenomenon in humans. Somehow, squinting has become a universal way to communicate you can’t understand something. It exhibits that you’re trying to understand or see more into what the other person is saying. Sometimes it means you need them to repeat themselves or speak up. It’s unfortunate because as you mentioned we already have a physical gesture for that message and that’s the hand to the ear. For some reason people just aren’t comfortable with doing that in public or something, maybe it takes too much physical energy for them. I don’t know about you, but whenever I can’t hear someone I always do the Hulk Hogan thing where I flap my arm over and over and then lean in and put my hand to my ear. That lets people know they need to talk louder. Thanks for the question, Dina.

Send your questions and inquiries to my work e-mail PizzaTesticles@yahoo.com

No comments :

Post a Comment