5.13.2014

Dumbass Sayings: “Don’t Tug on Superman’s Cape”

He was the Groucho Marx
of music.
There’s a saying that comes from a Jim Croce song that goes “You don’t tug on Superman’s cape.” I never understood this saying. Why shouldn’t I tug on Superman’s cape? What is Superman going to do? Kill me? He’s sworn to protect humanity. If Superman vaporized someone with his heat vision or threw them in into the Sun for tugging on his cape I think that would end up on the front page of the Daily Planet. That’s really bad press for Superman. Plus, it would have probably been a child so it’s even worse. I’d think that if we lived in a world where Superman did exist it would be totally fine to tug on his cape. How else can you get his attention? I wouldn’t even bother talking to the guy since he’s got super hearing he probably finds people talking really annoying. So you just give the cape a little tug. Why else is it there? Of course he wears the cape like a little bell on a hotel desk. You need Superman, you tug the cape. It serves no other purpose.

No comments :

Post a Comment