Ask McFartnuggets: “How Should You Address Someone Who Might Be Man Or Woman?”

Dear McFartnuggets: 
Sometimes at my job I run into people who might be men who really look like women or women who really look like men. I always feel awkward when addressing thing because I usually call people “Sir” or “Ma’am.” I’ve accidentally called women “Sir” before and they don’t like it at all. What is the appropriate way to address these confusing individuals? -- Perry from Field Springs

Dear Perry:
Whenever I see someone who could be either man or woman I just call them “Boss.” I say “Hey boss!” Because that’s generally an acceptable way to address a man, but a woman can’t get offended when you call her boss. If a woman or a man who thinks he’s a woman gets offended, remind her that women are working toward job equality and that you calling her “boss” is just a way of recognizing women as equals in the workplace. Then they’ll feel stupid for being offended so it’s a win/win situation.

Just call them "Boss," it's too much work to say "Sir and/or madam" all the time.
Write your questions to PizzaTesticles@yahoo.com and have a great day, boss!

No comments :

Post a Comment