2.24.2013

Is it Okay to Take a Date to a Funeral?

When a young couple is starting off getting to know each other one of the biggest challenges they face is finding good places to go on dates. In my youth, I remember taking a date to a funeral just because it was very close by and there wasn't much else to do on a Sunday afternoon. She broke up with me shortly after this, but I'm convinced it was a decent idea.

First of all, the food was great. Second, it was a nice reminder of how limited our time is on earth. If there's any better way to highlight the pressing need to fornicate I haven't found it yet! Funerals don't necessarily turn most women on, maybe there's only room for one stiff in the room, but that doesn't mean it won't make the other person really question their own mortality and feel a sense of urgency about intimacy in the days after.

Do I feel bad about using my paternal grandmother's death as a way to get laid? Yea, sort of, but on the other hand I know it's what she would have wanted. I was just trying to make her proud and in the end isn't that what life is all about?

No comments :

Post a Comment